Vitrification is one of the techniques of preservation of fertility that allows to postpone the reproductive capacity of a woman for as long as desired, with the same possibilities as at the time when oocytes or embryos are vitrified.
This technique is indicated for:
- Women who for any reason wish to postpone their motherhood.
- Oncological and non-oncological patients who are going to receive gonadotoxic treatments.
- Women who have received repetitive surgery on the ovary, such as endometriosis.
- Patients in whom we would prefer to perform the embryo transfer in a cycle other than stimulation.
- Risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), appearance of polyps, hydrosalpinx or hydrometers, absence of sperm, etc.